Snowfall is one of the fastest growing travel technology companies in Europe and North America, with offices in Sweden, Germany, Croatia, France, Spain and USA. With over a decade of experience designing, building and implementing award-winning software solutions, we attract partners that are the largest amongst the airline, train and sea travel industries in the world.
Our pursuit of excellence and results-driven approach have lead us to work with some of the most successful companies in the world such as MTR, SAS, MTR Express, Air Canada, American Airlines and Panasonic.
Your job is to strengthen our DevOps department to ensure the growth of the company and to improve the stability and quality to both old and upcoming projects in Snowfall.
One of your big roles will be to help Snowfall to fully implement our prometheus monitoring solution across the organization in conjunction with alert manager and grafana. You will also support the company in moving towards using more micro services and stateless operations.
Main areas of responsibility
- Automation is a big part of Snowfall’s culture and this will be one of your main responsibilities, automation to include but not limited to continuous delivery related tasks, alerting and escalation, automatic load balancing, container services
- Maintain and implement our monitoring tool Prometheus all across the company, ensuring that we got proper application monitoring and to support our developers to write code that supports it.
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing and other ops related work within Snowfall’s different environments
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- 3+ years experience as a software engineer (Golang, Python)
- 2+ years working with Linux based operating systems
- We believe you previously worked as a programmer / software engineer but is interested in working more with system automation / monitoring in a more DevOps related role
- Experience working with Micro services and container based applications(Docker,Kubernetes, Amazon ECS)
- Experience using Gitlab
- Loves to work with automation ♥
- Love the open source community and loves to contribute to different projects on github
- Experience with Amazon Web Services/Google Cloud Platform
- Experience implementing and administering automation and configuration management software. Ansible experience preferred
- Experience implementing and configuring monitoring & logging tools (Prometheus, ELK, Graylog)
- Experience administering MySQL/Postgresql databases
- Experience working with Continuous Delivery (Jenkins) or equivalent
- Experience working with Grafana
- Fluent in English – both written and speech
Competency and behavioral expectation
- Initiative: ability to identify and complete tasks on your own
- Top-notch troubleshooter: ability to dive into issues, resolve them and find the root cause quickly while under duress
- Clear and effective communicator: ability to effectively work with internal and external customers and partners
- Multi-tasker: ability to manage multiple tasks and properly prioritize them
- Ability to document your work and keep that documentation up to date
- Thrives in an environment with very strong colleagues
- Knows the value of keeping deadlines
What we offer you?
- Flexible work schedule
- The ability to work with the latest technology
- Superb colleagues
- You will work with big and important projects that has a great impact on a lot of people in their daily lives